Shelby County Mayor Mark H. Luttrell, Jr., has chosen his five representatives to serve on the transition team for the merger of Memphis and Shelby County School Systems.
The transition team members are:
- Christine P. Richards (Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of FedEx)
- John Smarrelli, Jr., Ph.D (President, Christian Brothers University)
- Barbara Roseborough (Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs Southwest Tennessee Community College)
- Jim Boyd (President of Bridges USA)
- Louis Padgett, III (Principal, Northaven Elementary)
In a statement Mayor Luttrell said, “These people have unique abilities and share the common commitment to put the interests of school children first. They represent an excellent cross-section of our community.”
The transition team candidates will be submitted to the Shelby County Commission for consideration at next week’s meeting.